Mary Cornelia Outten
Director / Managing Director
Cornelia Outten is the co-founder of the Dental Advocacy Group..
Undergraduate from Salem College
Masters in Health Administration from Tulane University
Cornelia has more than 35 years of healthcare management experience working with providers and organizing them for the purpose of gaining leverage in the marketplace. She believes that lessons learned on the medical side, will translate effectively into the practice of dentistry and her prior experience in healthcare created the impetus for the development of the Dental Advocacy Group.
Prior to developing Dental Advocacy Group with her father, Dr. Joseph F. Outten, she served in management and leadership positions with several regional and national organizations. They include:
- Vice President, Managed Care at American CareSource Holdings, Inc.
- Senior Vice President, Provider Networks at Interplan Health Group
- Vice President, East Networks at CCN Managed Care
- Vice President, Managed Care Services at HCA Healthcare
- Director, Managed Care at Greenville Hospital System
Cornelia earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology and economics at Salem College, and a Masters in Health Administration, with a concentration in fiscal management, from Tulane University. Cornelia’s more than 35 years of healthcare management experience has positioned her for her role as the Managing Director with the Dental Advocacy Group.